With the 4th right around the corner, we’ve gathered some great ideas to make your party one to remember! To get in the mood, decorate your party space with festive and patriotic decor! Here are a couple ideas we found. Perfect for an outdoor barbeque, cut out different size star templates and spray paint them onto your yard!
For a quick and easy craft project, cut up strips of ribbon and tie them around a circular piece of styrofoam for a patriotic wind chime!
Save old pringles cans to make cut firecracker centerpieces!
Now onto the food! A party wouldn’t be complete without awesome snacks! Instead of putting out bowls of chips and dip, try some of these fun appetizers! Pigs in a blanket are always a crowd pleaser. Put a patriotic spin on them and wrap a whole hot dog and add star made of cheese on the top! Fruit platters are always great for parties! Slice some strawberries and add in blueberries and yogurt covered pretzels to make a fun flag fruit tray. For dessert dip strawberries in white chocolate and blue sprinkles!
The last part to a successful party in the entertainment! Break out the classic backyard games like ladder ball, bean bag toss, and bocce ball for some friendly competition! Add in some new favorites like a patriotic photo booth and jumbo jenga! For the kids, spray paint the twister game board on your yard for hours of fun! Other ideas could include ring toss, balloon darts , pin the star on the flag, horse shoes or backyard bowling! Your guests are sure to stick around a while with these fun activities!
No 4th of July party would be complete without fireworks! Put out sparklers, poppers and snappers to wrap up the party!
On your big day the last thing you want to worry about is your hair, and after all the time and money spent on the dress, decor, and wedding itself, why not try a DIY hairstyle? There are plenty of elegant, chic hairstyles to try out that are wedding ready. If your bridal style is more laid back, then DIY hair might be a good fit for you! Check out these DIY wedding hairstyles that you can do in your own home!
- Twisted Sister. This twisted hairstyle is done in only 7 steps! Try it out for yourself.
2. Piece-y Pony. This stylish pony is very simple, but elegant, and perfect to keep most of your hair out of your face.
3. Braided Crown. The braided crown is a super cute way to put all your hair up, and looks rustic, chic.
4. Braided Updo. With this updo you are only 8 steps away from the perfect hairstyle for short hair, and ensuring that no hair is out of place.
Having the perfect makeup and hair for any bride is essential but getting that perfect look can be particularly tricky for summer brides who are dealing with the hot sun, sweat, and bugs. Here are a few new makeup and hair trends that are sure to stand up to the blistering sun and make you look flawless.
- Sun-kissed skin: Summer brides should follow the “less is more” motto and let their natural beauty shine through. This is a great look for those hot summer days because you will not have to worry about sweating off your makeup.
- Pink Lips: Adding a pink shade to your lips makes them look perfectly kissable. This color has taken off this summer season and is sure to look great in all of your photos.
- Bohemian style: Long and loose beach waves with floral accents pairs perfectly with any summer beach or outdoor wedding.
2. Messy Up-do: This hairstyle is sure to keep a summer bride cool on a hot day by keeping her hair up and off of her neck.
Your wedding is your first big adventure as husband and wife. Make it uniquely yours with these fun alternatives for your ceremony!
1. Have your grandmother(s) be the flower girl!
2. Instead of flowers, have your bridesmaids carry lanterns, clutch purses, or candles.
3. Play a non-traditional song while you walk down the aisle.
Have you always been a Beach Boys fan? Or love the song at the end of Love Actually? Canon in D is not required.
4. Provide lavender for your guests to throw instead of rice or bird seed.
The scent is heavenly, and its eco-friendly!
5. Create an entrance, for your ceremony.
Make an archway, or use old doors to make your entrance more memorable.
6. Find two unique keys to exchange during the ceremony.
Have your ring bearer carry them down and after exchanging them attach them to your bouquet or boutonniere to symbolize that you hold the key to their heart.
7. Have your groomsmen or groom wear something other than a boutonniere.
Summer is a refreshing season that brings along with it ease and relaxation. Summer wedding dresses should reflect this same sensibility all while making the bride look gorgeous. Dress trends for the summer of 2015 exemplify the ease of the season yet still capture its sultry side. Elements such as lace, mesh overlays, and flowing organza compliment the glow of summer brides perfectly. Take a look at some summer 2015 trends that will make any bride look radiant.
1) Dramatic Backs
2) Illusion Elements
Today bridesmaids dresses come in so many different styles and colors it can be hard to decide on one. Also, choosing a dress that looks good on everyone can be quite the challenge. But now brides can rejoice because bridesmaid’s dresses no longer have to be one-size-fits all! Mismatching your maids is a great way to make sure everyone looks picture perfect and is comfortable on your wedding day. Having your bridesmaids pick a dress they love will make it easier for them to wear the dress again and again. Here are a few ideas to help you perfectly pull off the mismatched look!
#1) Keep it Neutral
Focus on one color palate and give your friends the freedom to pick the style that works best for them. This is a great way to make sure your maids will have a dress that fits them perfectly.
#2) Make your maid of honor stand out
Have your maid of honor wear a different shade of dress from the rest of your bridesmaids to make her stand out. Tie the different colors together by choosing a simple bouquet such as one with baby’s breath or white roses.
#3) Add texture
Have some of your girls wear a sparkly dress, add a belt to the dress, or have one maid wear a statement necklace. Playing with texture will add interest to the dresses and leave you with beautiful photos.