The chilly fall weather is the perfect excuse to add a seasonal twist to your signature cocktails for your wedding. But, don’t think you need to save these just for your special day; they will delight your guests whether served at your shower, rehearsal dinner, or bachelor or bachelorette party. Shaken, stirred, or mulled, these fall drinks are sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
Take a seasonal spin on the classic Cosmopolitan by incorporating red and white cranberry juice.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) vodka
- 5 ounces Cointreau
- 5 ounces red cranberry-juice cocktail
- 5 ounces white cranberry-juice cocktail
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Pour all ingredients except cranberries into a large pitcher with ice; stir vigorously. Strain into glasses, discarding ice. Garnish with festive berries!
Is a guaranteed crowd-favorite, especially during the colder months! Plus, you can prepare it days in advance and reheat it when it’s time to celebrate. (Pre packaged mulled spices can also be purchased if you don’t want to make it from scratch)
- 1 bottle red wine
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 large orange
- 2 cardamom pods
- 4 star anise
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 allspice berries
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick, plus 4 for garnish (optional)
Holiday Mulled Wine
- Switch out the orange for ½ cup cranberry juice and ½ cup whole cranberries
- First, zest then juice the orange
- With the flat side of a knife, press firmly on the cardamom pods to open them a bit. In a large pot combine zest, cardamom, cloves, allspice, star anise peppercorns, cinnamon, juice, wine, water, sugar, and brandy. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Once sugar has dissolved reduce heat to low; simmer for about 30 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve; serve immediately.
Give this classic cocktail a fall shake up by adding blood orange, apples and maple syrup.
- 1 ½ ounces applejack
- 1 ½ ounces rye whiskey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A few dashes of orange bitters
- 2 ounces Champagne
- Blood orange rind for garnish
- Combine applejack, whiskey, maple syrup, and bitters in a cocktail shaker; shake over ice. Strain into 6 ounce martini glass, top with champagne, garnish, and serve.